I thought everything was back under control but it appears that there was a misunderstanding between myself and my web hosting provider. My provider went way above expectations in trying to help me out when Dili-gence disappeared off the TL internet map but somewhere along the line, he got the DNS messed up.
It is normal for there to be 2 DNS servers for a domain which provide the translation from “wombathole.com” to an IP address. Somewhere along the line, he had one pointing to the old server and one to the new. So sometimes I could post (to the new) and sometimes I couldn’t – depended on whichever server I got.
When a reader pointed this out to me, I asked the provider to fix it and clearly asked him to shift the web site to the new server where my posts were going. I really meant point both DNS servers to the new server. So he copied the contents of the old server to the new and I lost quite a few posts. I have put them back but lost a few readers comments along the way.
It has been a bad 2 or 3 weeks for the technical background stuff.